OPEN VACANCIESYOUR NEW FUTURE BELOW
Vacancy title: Events Management Assistant
Vacancy type: Part-Time
Salary: £12.50 per day
Duration: 6 Months
Start date: Jan 2020
Wilderness Festival is a boutique UK music festival, laying on an easy-going programme of music, theatre, art, comedy and incredible food and drink at its lakeside woodland setting in Oxfordshire’s Cornbury Park.
TRAINEESHIP – 6 month WORK PLACEMENT
Wilderness Festival has an exciting opportunity for you to join the team as a trainee. You will get a full insight into the inner workings of a hugely successful and popular festival which showcases the arts, theatre, comedy and great music.
Interested in event management and marketing? Take your first steps into the industry and begin your creative journey.
The role entails marketing, artist liaison, promotion and event logistics.
If you are passionate about the creative industries and music festivals we’d like to hear from you!
- Attend all festival meetings; Support the Event Manager to prepare the meeting, collect and share agenda, take and share minutes and follow up on meeting actions.
- Update and distribute monthly festival comparison document.
- Managefestival info account and relevant social media accounts, responding to daily enquiries and working with each department to answer individual queries.
- Monitor website to ensure all pages are up to date with any changes, in-particular the information pages and automatic replies to info account.
- Support the Event Manager in collating the festival’s monthly receipts and expenses.
- Assist the Event Manager in the creation of the Festival Programme.
- Assist the Event Manager in the recruitment and organisation of festival volunteers.
- Prepare all necessary on-site documents (signs, maps, information bible etc.)
- Collate all Artist information (bios, photos, socials) to populate Artist Info sheet and uploadArtist profiles to website. Chase relevant departments for missing assets in time for launches.
- Assist the Marketing Manager and Assistant where necessary, in relevant tasks.
- Managewebsite line-up poster, ensuring it is up to date and accurate.
- Artist Card management. Briefing design, distributing and monitoring social reach.
- Track key festival dates and announcements as they happen.
- Support the wider team across other shows and live commitments, including but not limited to launch parties, pre-festival shows, industry showcases and festivals.
- Assist other departments in organisational and research tasks as assigned by the Event Manager.
- Booking and management of meeting rooms.
- Support the Event Manager in management of the festival guestlist.
- Respond to general requests and tasks and carry out a variety of daily and weekly tasks to assist in the planning of the festival.
- Experience of using / working with Microsoft Excel (preferable but not essential)
- A fantastic communicator who loves to multitask
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Organised with excellent administrative skills
- Pays intricate attention to detail
- Passionate about music and events
- Hard working with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Adaptable and able to work with a wide and varied team
- Able to take instruction and work independently