OPEN VACANCIESYOUR NEW FUTURE BELOW
Vacancy title: Social and Content Producer
Vacancy type: Full-Time
Salary: £200 per week
Duration: 15 Months
Start date: Dec 2019
Small Green Shoots is an innovative music based consultancy that develop and deliver high profile music projects for creatives, corporates and community. An original and recognised resource for music organisations and artists alike, we provide facilitation and project management services with a real passion for the people we work with.
As one of Arts Council England’s National Portfolio Organisations, Small Green Shoots has piloted and developed our comprehensive and successful Young Shoots Programme.
Offering an alternative route into the workplace, each year this initiative offers a handful of young apprentices the opportunity to manage our events, and to benefit from placements in companies like MTV, Sony ATV and Adidas.
Our Young Shoots work hard. They gain relevant experience. And they get paid.
From the get-go they are mentored in all facets of event management – from bid-writing and brainstorming, through to media management, marketing and even basic accountancy.
By developing transferable and tangible skills, Small Green Shoots aims to help them open doors to the hugely-competitive creative industries sector.
Based at our office in Kings Cross, you will be part of a dynamic, fast-paced and highly motivated team who are passionate about Events, Festivals and transforming the life’s young people from disadvantaged backgrounds (so-called NEETs), and giving them an opportunity to engage with music and the arts, and to use these experiences as a springboard for their future.
You will have a level of autonomy in your role and will be working towards developing your career in content production. Your progression will be supported by relevant training and regular one-to-ones.You will act as a Junior Content Apprentice for Small Green Shoots, ensuring our online platforms are current, supporting with a range of design work and creative.
Tasks/Responsibilities will include;
- Leading content and uploading for socials and website.
- Creating content for the weekly social media schedule.
- Editing footage & using Photoshop.
- Leading on photography & videography for SGS and particular projects.
- To think of creative and fresh ideas on creating new material to make sure SGS are current and reaching the maximum followers.
- Write regular blogs and newsletters.
- Assisting Project Managers on specific funded projects.
- A willingness to attend events and functions outside of work to network, review and create content.
- General administration tasks.
- Any other duties set by the Manager
You will be reporting to the Programme Manager at Small Green Shoots. Initially supporting on creative tasks and contributing to concepts and ideas
Minimum qualifications are English, Maths and ICT GSCE’s level A-C or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be aware of “confidentiality”
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Able to manage time well
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Design work will be a feature of the job role so knowledge of Photoshop or InDesign are essential (Basic Level)
- Good time management
- Excellent coordination skills
- Be able to use initiative
- Ready to travel at short notice
- A ‘can do’ attitude